Legal Services NYC: Veterans Justice Project
Who We Are
Our Veterans Justice Project provides free civil legal services for Veterans, Services Members, and their Family Members. We help: Keep Veterans in their Homes, Keep Military Families Together, and Protect and Secure Income for Veterans.
- Victims of domestic violence
- Veterans who want guardianships or adoptions for dependent children
- Veterans who are facing divorce, separation, child custody or support disputes
- Veterans in abuse and neglect cases or who are facing termination of their parental rights
- Assist Veterans when government benefits are being wrongfully denied, inaccurately calculated, or improperly terminated
- Advise or represent Veterans for whom Unemployment Insurance, Food Stamps, Medicaid/Medicare an other public assistance and Safety Net programs are a critical lifeline
- Help Veterans obtain or maintain Social Security Disability benefits
We help Veterans, Service Members, and their families with consumer law problems by:
- Advising them about federal bankruptcy protection where appropriate
- Stopping unlawful debt collection practices
- Overcoming illegal sale contracts or warranties
- Preventing or overcoming utility terminations
How to Get Help
You can contact this organization by:
- Contact Type
- Phone Number
- (347) 592-2409
Call the hotline to schedule an appointment at your local Legal Services NYC office.
Who We Serve
- New York City (all 5 NYC boroughs)
- Cirumstances and languages in which interpreters are provided
All languages are spoken. When staff who speak the language are not available, we use Language Line.
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
- Eligibility Restrictions
This project only serves active service members, veterans and families of active service members and families
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Full Legal Representation
- Brief Advice
- Description of Services
Organization does not provide assistance with obtaining or modifying benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs.