The Family Center
Who We Are
The Family Center is a nonprofit organization working with New Yorkers affected by illness, crisis and loss. We represent clients in all five boroughs of New York City in housing, family and matrimonial actions, public benefits administrative hearings and lifetime planning. We work in courts throughout New York City. We are a multidisciplinary agency where lawyers work together with social workers, researchers, medical case managers and others to help clients acheive economic, medical, family and housing stability.
Our lawyers make sure that clients maintain housing, medical insurance, public benefits and family stability. We acheive excellent, lasting results for our clients and their families. Please contact us to find out how we can help.
How to Get Help
You can contact this organization by:
- Contact Type
- Phone Number
- 718-789-3841, ext. 150
We serve all individuals and families affected by severe illness. Our attorneys are zealous advocates and aid clients with a broad range of legal issues.
Our mission is simple: We provide the highest quality of legal services for our clients.
Who We Serve
- Bronx County
- Kings (Brooklyn) County
- New York (Manhattan) County
- Queens County
- Richmond (Staten Island) County
- Additional Service Area Info
- Sliding scale based on income
- Language(s) Spoken
- French / Français
- Haitian Creole / Kreyòl ayisyen
- Spanish / Español
- Income Guidelines
We serve individuals and families affected by illness regardless of their income. Our services are generally free; for clients of moderate means we have a sliding scale fee based on income.
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
- Eligibility Restrictions
For help, you must be:
- an individual affected by severe illness;
- a caregiver for a minor child who is not biologically your own; or
- an individual or family affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Full Legal Representation
- Brief Advice