Broome County Office for the Aging
The Broome County Office for Aging provides a wide array of services to residents age 60 and over and their caregivers. Many services are operated directly, while some are contracted through community agencies.
The Information and Assistance Unit can help you determine what you need, provide the information about resources or refer you to other services. We can answer your questions about benefits, assist you to obtain real property tax exemptions and credits, or help you fill out applications. We may speak on your behalf in negotiations with agencies or providers of services if you do not have family or friends to help you.
The Office for Aging Legal Services for the Elderly Program can assist you in areas of Simple Wills, Powers of Attorney, Health Care Proxies, Living Wills and Simple Real Estate Transfers.
How to Get Help
- Please call (607) 778-2411 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- You can also visit the office at: 60 Hawley Street, 4th Floor, Binghamton, NY 13901.
- The Office for Aging Legal Services for the Elderly Program is provided by Legal Aid Society of Mid New York, at 168 Water Street, Second Floor, Binghamton, NY.
- Home visits are available for those who are physically unable to travel.
A Quién Servimos
- Broome Condado
- ¿Es esta organización accesible en silla de ruedas?
- ¿Esta organización proporciona acceso para personas con discapacidad auditiva?
- Restricciones de elegibilidad
For help, you must be: a senior (60 years or older)
Tipo de ayuda
- Este grupo proporciona los siguientes tipos de servicios basados en sus necesidades legales y sus recursos:
- Asesoramiento breve
- Descripción de los Servicios