Community Health Advocates
Community Health Advocates (CHA), a program of the Community Service Society, provides free and confidential individual counseling and educational community presentations to individuals, families, advocates and providers about health insurance in New York State.
Our network of community-based organizations and small business serving groups help New Yorkers access the health care they need, understand their health insurance options, and how the health care system works.
We help all New Yorkers: the privately insured, publicly insured, and uninsured.
We can help you:
- Understand how to use your health insurance
- Resolve medical billing and debt issues
- Dispute coverage denials and eligibility determinations
- Get the most from your coverage (get prior authorizations, access specialists, and out-of-network services when needed)
- Access affordable health care services and hospital and prescription financial assistance programs
- Understand how small business owners can offer health insurance and get health insurance tax credits
- Understand the health insurance tax credit reconciliation process
How to Get Help
Please call (888) 614-5400 for help during our regular business hours, Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. You should have ready any notices, medical bills, and insurance ID cards.
A Quién Servimos
- En todo el estado
- Cirumstances e idiomas en los que se proporcionan intérpretes
We can provide interpreters for any language.
- ¿Es esta organización accesible en silla de ruedas?
- ¿Esta organización proporciona acceso para personas con discapacidad auditiva?
Tipo de ayuda
- Este grupo proporciona los siguientes tipos de servicios basados en sus necesidades legales y sus recursos:
- Plena Representación Legal
- Asesoramiento breve
- Materiales de ayuda propia
- Descripción de los Servicios
New York State designated Community Health Advocates (CHA) as the state’s health care consumer assistance program in 2010.
Since then, CHA has helped over 300,000 consumers and small businesses obtain health care services, understand their health insurance and make it work for them.