AHRC New York City - Legal Services Department
Who We Are
AHRC New York City currently serves over 11,000 individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Legal Services Unit provides assistance to persons seeking Article 17A guardianship over an adult with intellectual and developmental disabilities. In addition, guidance can be provided to persons seeking information about future planning, including end of life decision making, advance directives, and supplemental needs trusts. Please note that we do not provide services to persons seeking help obtaining Article 81 guardianship, which includes guardianship over persons with dementia, mental health issues not directly related to intellectual and developmental disabilities, and severe physical disabilities. For inquiries about guardianship or to find out about the many other services AHRC New York City provides, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who We Serve
- Bronx County
- Kings (Brooklyn) County
- New York (Manhattan) County
- Queens County
- Richmond (Staten Island) County
- Circumstances and languages in which interpreters are provided
TTY Services are available.
- Income Guidelines
There are no fees for this organization.
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
- Eligibility Restrictions
This program does not serve: a prisoner; a community group
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Full Legal Representation
- Brief Advice
- Description of Services
Pursuant to Article 17-A of the Surrogate's Court Procedure Act.
Workshops and other services are available.
How to Get Help
You can contact this organization by:
- Phone Number
- 212-780-4491 or 212-780-4493
- Read this in:
- Spanish / Español