Broome County Office for the Aging
Who We Are
The Broome County Office for Aging provides a wide array of services to residents age 60 and over and their caregivers. Many services are operated directly, while some are contracted through community agencies.
The Information and Assistance Unit can help you determine what you need, provide the information about resources or refer you to other services. We can answer your questions about benefits, assist you to obtain real property tax exemptions and credits, or help you fill out applications. We may speak on your behalf in negotiations with agencies or providers of services if you do not have family or friends to help you.
The Office for Aging Legal Services for the Elderly Program can assist you in areas of Simple Wills, Powers of Attorney, Health Care Proxies, Living Wills and Simple Real Estate Transfers.
How to Get Help
- Please call (607) 778-2411 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- You can also visit the office at: 60 Hawley Street, 4th Floor, Binghamton, NY 13901.
- The Office for Aging Legal Services for the Elderly Program is provided by Legal Aid Society of Mid New York, at 168 Water Street, Second Floor, Binghamton, NY.
- Home visits are available for those who are physically unable to travel.
Who We Serve
- Broome County
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
- Eligibility Restrictions
For help, you must be: a senior (60 years or older)
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Brief Advice
- Description of Services