Legal Aid Society: Hurricane Disaster Relief Program
Who We Are
The Legal Aid Society has targeted disaster relief services in the most affected communities in Far Rockaway, Coney Island, Red Hook, and Staten Island. New Yorkers in need of disaster relief legal assistance can also call The Legal Aid Society's toll-free disaster relief hotline at (888) 663-6880. Legal Aid staff members are assisting affected New Yorkers with FEMA and Disaster Unemployment Insurance claims; replacing medications and access to health care; obtaining Food Stamps and public assistance; landlord-tenant, public housing, federal Section 8 matters, and homeowner/foreclosure help; assistance with loans and other small businesses matters; school transfers and transportation issues; and family law and immigration matters.
Who We Serve
- Bronx County
- Kings (Brooklyn) County
- New York (Manhattan) County
- New York City (all 5 NYC boroughs)
- Queens County
- Richmond (Staten Island) County
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Brief Advice
- Full Legal Representation
How to Get Help
You can contact this organization by:
- Phone Number