Legal Aid Society: Immigration Law Unit
Who We Are
The Immigration Law Unit of the Legal Aid Society provides consultation and representation to immigrants in the following Legal areas:
- Removal defense
- Family-based petitions
- Naturalization applications
- Change of status
- VAWA self-petitions
- Employment/workplace issues
- Youth representation
- U and T visas
- Removal of condition on lawful permanent residence status
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals renewals
How to Get Help
At this time, The Legal Aid Society is offering remote services by phone.
- If you are currently detained, call our Detention Hotline at (212) 577-3456 on Wednesdays from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Non-citizen New Yorkers detained by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) at the Bergen, Monmouth, Hudson and Sussex County jails in New Jersey and/or their family members, may call for advice and possible legal representation on their cases.
- Immigrants detained at other immigration detention facilities and in upstate New York prisons and/or their family members can call the hotline for advice only.
- For DACA, please call (844) 955-3425 for an appointment or email us at email@example.com with your name and the date on which your DACA is expiring.
- For cases in immigration court in New York City, call (212) 577-3300 and ask for the Immigration Representation Project. This group does represent individuals in USCIS Detention Centers and non-citizens with criminal convictions in removal proceedings. For non-court cases, schedule an appointment through one of The Legal Aid Society's Outreach sites.
For other services call this location directly via (844) 955-3425, or reach us via our: Main Number (212) 577-3300, or Helpline (888) 663-6680, staffed Mon-Fri 10am-3pm.
Who We Serve
- Bronx County
- Kings (Brooklyn) County
- New York (Manhattan) County
- Queens County
- Richmond (Staten Island) County
- Language(s) Spoken
- Spanish / Español
- Circumstances and languages in which interpreters are provided
Can arrange for interpreters at follow-up appointments at The Legal Aid Society.
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Full Legal Representation
- Brief Advice
- Read this in:
- Spanish / Español