Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
Authored By: Empire Justice Center
Broadband Internet Services
If you are struggling to pay for internet services during the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be able to get help. Starting May 12, 2021, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has an Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program that offers a discount on monthly services.
Through the program, eligible households may be able to receive a discount of:
- Up to $50/month for internet and equipment rental,
- Up to $75/month if your live on qualifying Tribal lands, and
- Up to $100 for a purchase of a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer from a participating provider.
There are three ways to apply:
- Contact your preferred participating broadband provider directly to learn about their application process.
- Go to GetEmergencyBroadband.org to apply online and to find participating providers near you.
- Call 833-511-0311 for a mail-in application and return it along with proof of eligibility to: Emergency Broadband Support Center, P.O. Box 708, London, KY 40742.