LawHelpNY.orgNew York

Obtaining unemployment benefits in New York State if you do not speak English

Authored By: LawHelpNY

If you do not speak English, the New York State Department of Labor (NYSDOL) must provide assistance to help you access their programs and services. While the NYSDOL does provide some language assistance, there are still challenges. This resource provides a checklist of the free language assistance currently available when obtaining your unemployment benefits and problems you should be aware of.


Last Review and Update: Oct 24, 2011

LiveHelp is trying to contact an operator...