The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) provides monetary allowances, vocational training and rehabilitation and VA-financed health care benefits to certain Korea and Vietnam Veterans' birth children who have been diagnosed with spina bifida (SB). If you are the birth child of a Vietnam or Korean Veteran and you have been diagnosed with SB, you may already be receiving monetary allowances, vocational training or rehabilitation due to your condition. For the purpose of the VA SB Health Care Benefits Program, SB is defined as all forms or manifestations of SB (except spina bifida occulta).

Was this information helpful?

Last Reviewed: June 7, 2018