Volunteers of Legal Service (VOLS) Elderly Project
Who We Are
The Volunteers of Legal Service (VOLS) Elderly Project provides free legal services to NYC seniors (age 60+). VOLS partners with pro bono lawyers to prepare wills, powers of attorney, health care proxies and other advance directives for free. The Project also offers 10 monthly walk-in legal clinics at senior centers throughout Manhattan and partners with social workers and community-based organizations to provide high quality holistic services. We also conduct trainings for seniors and senior center staff.
How to Get Help
Most intake is done through legal clinics. At this time we are offering remote services.
Please call the Elderly Project hotline at (347) 521-5704, or find an intake form online via: https://volsprobono.org/projects/elderly/.
Who We Serve
- New York (Manhattan) County
- Language(s) Spoken
- Spanish / Español
- Circumstances and languages in which interpreters are provided
Spanish interpreters are provided at the Legal Clinic site.
- Income Guidelines
You must be living on a fixed income and have less than $40,000 in assets.
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
- Eligibility Restrictions
For help, you must be a senior (60 years or older).
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Brief Advice
- Description of Services
VOLS does not provide representation in court.