Barrier Free Living
Who We Are
Barrier Free Living (BFL) is dedicated to helping New Yorkers with disabilities live independently in the community. Through its various programs, BFL provides a broad range of residential and community based services to disabled survivors of domestic violence.
How to Get Help
You can call us at 212-533-4358 for assistance. Deaf callers please call our Deaf Services team at 646-807-4013.
Our regular hours are Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Who We Serve
- Bronx County
- Kings (Brooklyn) County
- New York (Manhattan) County
- New York City (all 5 NYC boroughs)
- Queens County
- Richmond (Staten Island) County
- Circumstances and languages in which interpreters are provided
Interpreters are provided by request for both spoken languages and ASL.
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
- Eligibility Restrictions
Any survivor of domestic violence who identifies as having a disability or Deaf/Hard of Hearing. Disability can include, but not limited to, mental health, medical, physical, sensory, cognitive, intellectual. We do not require documentation of disability.