Who We Are
Day One provides free counseling, legal services, educational workshops, and organizing opportunities related to dating abuse, intimate partner violence and/or sexual assault to teens and young adults under the age of 24.
How to Get Help
Please call our Helpline (800) 214-4150 during our regular hours Monday through Friday between 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. or text us via (646) 535-DAY1 (3291).
Who We Serve
- Bronx County
- Kings (Brooklyn) County
- New York (Manhattan) County
- Queens County
- Richmond (Staten Island) County
- Additional Service Area Info
- Day One offers legal representation, advice and information to young victims of dating abuse and domestic violence between the ages of 12 and 24 within New York City. En Español: Día Uno ofrece representación legal, asesoramiento, y información para víctimas joven de abuso de data y violencia doméstica entre las edades de 12 y 24 dentro de la ciudad de Nueva York. Please be aware that Day One does not provide legal representation outside of the five boroughs of New York City. If you are outside of New York City, please call the national teen dating abuse hotline at 1-866-331-9474.
- Language(s) Spoken
- Spanish / Español
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
- Eligibility Restrictions
This program does not serve seniors (60 years or older).
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Self-Help Materials
- Brief Advice
- Full Legal Representation
- Description of Services
Day One has materials related to youth and domestic violence that can be downloaded from our website: www.dayoneny.org.
Un Día tiene materiales afines de la juventud y violencia doméstica que se puede descargar desde nuestro pagina web: www.dayoneny.org.
- Emergency Instructions
What is an Emergency? It is an emergency if you or your child is in immediate danger from your abuser, and you want to file immediately for an order of protection. It is also an emergency if you have a court date within the next week.
800-214-4150, or call 911.