DC 37 Municipal Employees' Legal Services (MELS)
Who We Are
DC 37’s Health and Security benefit package includes the largest prepaid legal services office in the country. More than 65 staff lawyers offer legal advice and representation, and prepare legal documents for members on a wide range of civil legal matters.
MELS lawyers work exclusively for the union. Social workers are also available to counsel you on case-related personal and family problems.
Who We Serve
- Bronx County
- Kings (Brooklyn) County
- Nassau County
- New York (Manhattan) County
- Queens County
- Richmond (Staten Island) County
- Rockland County
- Westchester County
- Language(s) Spoken
- Spanish / Español
- Income Guidelines
You are responsible for paying any court costs and filing fees.
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
- Eligibility Restrictions
DC 37 MELS is available only to DC 37 members and their eligible dependents who are covered by DC 37 Health & Security Plan benefits.
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Brief Advice
- Full Legal Representation
How to Get Help
You can contact this organization by:
- 125 Barclay Street (map)New York, NY 10007
- Phone Number
- (212) 815-1111
Call Monday through Friday between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm to make an appointment.