Eviction Intervention Services
Who We Are
Eviction Intervention Services (EIS) is a non-for-profit housing organization for New York City residents with low-to-moderate income who are facing eviction. Among other programs and services, EIS offers free legal clinics where tenants can seek advice on housing issues.
Who We Serve
- New York (Manhattan) County
- Additional Service Area Info
- EIS no longer handles FEPS/JIGGETS cases. Legal Clinics: Senior citizens on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. SORT (SPace Organization Resources and Tools) for those who suffer with hoarding/clutter is now available from EIS.
- Language(s) Spoken
- Spanish / Español
- Circumstances and languages in which interpreters are provided
Interpreters are provided whenever possible.
- Income Guidelines
You must be low-income or moderate-income in order to receive assistance.
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Full Legal Representation
- Brief Advice
- Pro Se Legal Clinic
- Self-Help Materials
- Description of Services
Housing Legal Aid; Legal Aid/ Elder Advocacy Program; Elder Abuse Prevention; The De-Clutter Homelessness Prevention Project; Legal Clinics With Housing Attorneys; Tenant Workshop Training, Seminars, and Educational Outreach; Social Services Assistance; Housing Maintenance and Repairs Followup; Emergency Assistance For Families With Children; Interface with the DHCR; Household Assistance; Phone Referral Service; Benefits Entitlement Counseling
How to Get Help
You can contact this organization by:
- Phone Number
This is the Housing Hotline.
Legal Clinic +
- 1233 2nd Avenue b/w 64th and 65th Street, New York, NY 10065 (map), NY
- Phone Number
EIS holds free legal clinics twice weekly, one of which is exclusively geared toward seniors.
To attend either clinic, please call 212-308-2210 or visit our website at www.eisny.org.
To schedule an appointment with a Benefits Entitlement Counselor, please call our office.