Legal Aid Society: Bronx Courthouse Office
Who We Are
The Legal Aid Society is the oldest and largest not-for-profit organization in the United States providing free legal services for clients who cannot afford to pay for counsel. The Society provides legal services through a network of borough, neighborhood, and courthouse offices in 25 locations in all five counties of New York City. The Society's legal program operates three major practices - Civil, Criminal, and Juvenile Rights.
Who We Serve
- Bronx County
- Language(s) Spoken
- Spanish / Español
- Circumstances and languages in which interpreters are provided
Can arrange for interpreters for all languages.
- Income Guidelines
Accepts clients with incomes up to 200% of the poverty level under special circumstances.
- Your family's income should be at or below the following percentage of the federal poverty level
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
- Eligibility Restrictions
This program does not serve: a prisoner; a community group
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Brief Advice
- Emergency Instructions
What is an Emergency? People about to be evicted or in immediate danger.
Walk-in Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm.
How to Get Help
You can contact this organization by:
- Phone Number
- (718) 681-8712
- 1118 Grand Concourse (map)Bronx, NY 10456
Bring all the papers relating to your case.
Due to limited resources, people with cases in housing court are given priority. People about to be evicted are given preference.