Legal Aid Society: Bronx Courthouse Office
Who We Are
The Legal Aid Society is the oldest and largest not-for-profit organization in the United States providing free legal services for clients who cannot afford to pay for counsel. The Society provides legal services through a network of borough, neighborhood, and courthouse offices in 25 locations in all five counties of New York City. The Society's legal program operates three major practices - Civil, Criminal, and Juvenile Rights.
How to Get Help
At this time, The Legal Aid Society is offering remote services by phone. Call this location directly via (718) 681-8712, or reach us via our Main Number, (212) 577-3300, or Helpline (888) 663-6680, staffed Mon-Fri 10am-3pm.
Who We Serve
- Bronx County
- Language(s) Spoken
- Spanish / Español
- Circumstances and languages in which interpreters are provided
Can arrange for interpreters for all languages.
- Income Guidelines
Accepts clients with incomes up to 200% of the poverty level under special circumstances.
- Your family's income should be at or below the following percentage of the federal poverty level
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
- Eligibility Restrictions
This program does not serve: a prisoner; a community group
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Brief Advice
- Emergency Instructions
What is an Emergency? People about to be evicted or in immediate danger.
Walk-in Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm.