Legal Aid Society: Education Law Project
Who We Are
The Legal Aid Society’s Education Law Project provides essential legal advocacy to families of children with disabilities in need of special education support and services. The Project assists families with navigating the complex New York City special education system through parent training, consultation, and direct representation at due process hearings. The Project also assists non-disabled children with issues relating to enrollment and school discipline and suspension issues.
How to Get Help
At this time, The Legal Aid Society is offering remote services by phone. Call our Main Number via (212) 577-3300 or our Helpline (888) 663-6680, staffed Mon-Fri 10am-3pm.
Who We Serve
- New York (Manhattan) County
- Your family's income should be at or below the following percentage of the federal poverty level
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Full Legal Representation
- Brief Advice
- Pro Se Legal Clinic
- Self-Help Materials