Legal Aid Society: Employment Law Unit
Who We Are
The Legal Aid Society’s Employment Law Unit provides legal services to low-wage and unemployed workers. Assistance is typically provided to individuals with issues involving unemployment insurance, wage and hour violations, family and medical leave claims, and workplace discrimination – including discrimination based on past involvement with the criminal justice system and labor trafficking.
Who We Serve
- Bronx County
- Kings (Brooklyn) County
- New York (Manhattan) County
- Queens County
- Richmond (Staten Island) County
- Language(s) Spoken
- Korean / 한국어
- Mandarin Chinese / 官話
- Spanish / Español
- Circumstances and languages in which interpreters are provided
- Income Guidelines
Clients with incomes at or below 200% of the poverty level may be represented if they fall within certain exceptions.
- Your family's income should be at or below the following percentage of the federal poverty level
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Full Legal Representation
- Brief Advice
- Description of Services
We may also provide assistance in ERISA administrative appeals (appeals of health and retirement/pension benefits decisions).
Also provides limited services.
How to Get Help
You can contact this organization by:
- Phone Number
Leave a brief message describing your legal problem and your telephone number. A staff member will call you back to conduct a screening interview.