Nassau Suffolk Law Services - Nassau Civil Unit
Who We Are
Nassau Suffolk Law Services is a nonprofit, public interest law firm that provides free legal assistance in civil matters to low income and disabled Long Islanders. The Nassau Civil Unit assists low-income tenants facing eviction, primarily from federally subsidized or rent stabilized housing.
We also assist low-income households challenging denials or termination from federal housing programs, including Section 8, in administrative hearings and through affirmative litigation in State Supreme Court or in Federal District Court.
How to Get Help
Please call (516) 292-8100 for intake during our regular business hours, Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Please have all documents related to your case.
Who We Serve
- Nassau County
- Language(s) Spoken
- Spanish / Español
- Your family's income should be at or below the following percentage of the federal poverty level
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Full Legal Representation
- Brief Advice
- Emergency Instructions
For a 72 hour notice from Sheriff, illegal lock-out, or utility that is shut off, clients are seen or called back the same day in most emergency instances.