Nassau Suffolk Law Services - Volunteer Lawyers Project
Who We Are
Nassau Suffolk Law Services is a nonprofit, public interest law firm that provides free legal assistance in civil matters to low income and disabled Long Islanders. The Volunteer Lawyers’ Project provides pro bono attorney referrals for representation to low-income clients.
The Attorney of the Day Project in District Court, Nassau County, represents tenants with the assistance of volunteer attorneys.
1 Helen Keller Way – 5th Floor
Hempstead, NY 11550
How to Get Help
Please call (516) 292-8299 during our regular business hours, Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Who We Serve
- Nassau County
- Language(s) Spoken
- Spanish / Español
- Circumstances and languages in which interpreters are provided
Interpreters available upon request.
- Your family's income should be at or below the following percentage of the federal poverty level
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Description of Services
Referral to pro bono attorneys for representation. If you are experiencing housing problems, you must have a case in court.
Additional screening clinics for bankruptcy eligibility are held approximately every two months.
Spousal support is not handled by this office unless it is part of a divorce.