Nassau Suffolk Law Services - PLAN Unit
Who We Are
Nassau Suffolk Law Services is a nonprofit, public interest law firm that provides free legal assistance in civil matters to low income and disabled Long Islanders. The Permanency Legal Assistance Needs Project (PLAN) provides legal assistance to individuals and families affected by every type of cancer so that they can better cope with legal, financial and medical issues, including permanency planning.
Permanency planning assists families to develop a legally enforceable long-term plan for the care of children, and to assure that the client's own wishes regarding end of life decisions are carried out.
The Project also handles a wide variety of additional problems, including but not limited to, public benefits, health coverage, advance directives and some housing concerns.
How to Get Help
Please call (516) 292-8100 during our regular business hours, Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Who We Serve
- Nassau County
- Your family's income should be at or below the following percentage of the federal poverty level
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
- Eligibility Restrictions
Must be income eligible, diagnosed with cancer.
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Full Legal Representation
- Brief Advice