New York Lawyers for the Public Interest
Who We Are
New York Lawyers for the Public Interest (NYLPI) has fought for more than 40 years to protect civil rights and achieve lived equality for communities in need. NYLPI combines the power of law, organizing, and the private bar to make lasting change where it’s needed most.
Our staff attorneys, community organizers and advocates provide direct representation, advocacy and assistance to low-income New Yorkers in the areas of disability justice, environmental justice, health justice, immigrant justice, and community justice.
Our Pro Bono Clearinghouse provides nonprofits and community groups with free legal assistance and capacity-building on a wide range of issues, drawing on hundreds of lawyers from New York’s most prestigious law firms and corporate legal departments.
How to Get Help
At this time we are offering remote services. You can reach us via our website.
Our main phone line is also available via (212) 244-4664 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10am-1pm and 2pm-5pm.
Who We Serve
- Bronx County
- Kings (Brooklyn) County
- New York (Manhattan) County
- Queens County
- Richmond (Staten Island) County
- Language(s) Spoken
- Chinese / 中文
- Haitian Creole / Kreyòl Ayisyen
- Korean / 한국어
- Russian / Pусский
- Spanish / Español
- Circumstances and languages in which interpreters are provided
Spanish interpretation provided in-house. Can provide interpretation for any language via Language Line.
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Full Legal Representation