New York Peace Institute
Who We Are
New York Peace Institute is a not-for-profit Community Dispute Resolution Center (CDRC) that offers free conflict resolution and restorative justice services, fee-based mediator training and credentialing, and customized trainings for organizations. Mediation helps people in conflict get what they need, whether it’s peace and quiet, family unity, a financial settlement, or just a chance to be heard. Our Restorative Justice processes provide a chance for those involved in incidents of harm to heal and to make amends. New York Peace Institute offers services at two offices:
New York Peace Institute offers services at two offices:
210 Joralemon St, Suite 618
Brooklyn, NY 11201
111 John St, Suite 600
New York, NY 10038
How to Get Help
We are firmly committed to continuing to address our community’s needs by providing remote services while New York Peace Institute offices are closed for the COVID-19 health crisis.
As the ramifications of COVID-19 unfold, New Yorkers may be in conflict as they are learning to cope with new challenges and limitations on their daily lives. Many are struggling to adjust to the abrupt upending of daily routines and supports. The radical shifts brought on by school closures, suspension of various services, illness, and the switch to remote work—or the reduction or elimination of employment—are real stressors that can create real conflict. Courts are closed but conflict continues and will likely increase as the current public health crisis continues.
- If you are experiencing a conflict of any kind and are interested in mediation and/or conflict coaching, please call (718) 834-6671 or visit nypeace.org/get-help/ to fill out an online form.
- If you have a conflict related to Housing, Civil, or Small Claims Court, please reach out to Samantha Adler at Sadler@nypeace.org or (718) 834-6671 ext. 400. Effective March 16 at 5:00pm, all courts will be closed for all non-essential functions; however, we can still provide free conflict resolution services remotely to help you resolve many of those disputes outside of court.
- If you have a family, co-parenting, Special Education, or Early Intervention matter that you would like to resolve in mediation, please reach out to Carol Himes at firstname.lastname@example.org and our staff will set up a remote mediation session for you.
- If you have a Criminal Court case and have been referred to conflict coaching, please email email@example.com or call (347) 442-7592.
- If you have been referred to mediation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our staff will set up a remote session for you within the court timelines.
- If you are interested in joining a community building or connection circle, please reach out to email@example.com.
Organizational Conflict Resolution & Remote Training
New York Peace Institute is providing curated virtual trainings, specifically designed to provide managers, teams, and organizations with the skills they need to have difficult conversations. We are also able to facilitate a difficult conversation within your organization and to mediate internal organizational conflict.
- For more information about our Remote Training Program please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about Organizational Conflict Resolution go to https://nypeace.org/
Following the guidance from the City and State to limit the gathering of large groups to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), New York Peace Institute will not be scheduling in-person trainings or workshops until further notice.