New York Public Interest Research Group (NYPRIG) - Small Claims Court Action Center (SCCAC)
Who We Are
The Small Claims Court Action Center (SCCAC) is a hotline designed to help people prepare for the Small Claims Court and to empower them to protect themselves and recover losses or damages, such as lost security deposits or broken computers. It is organized and operated by NYPIRG and trained student volunteers, typically (but not exclusively) who are in civil service or Pre-Law Programs. We do not offer Legal Services but simply advice and support as they try to work their way through the court system.
Who We Serve
- Albany County
- Erie County
- Nassau County
- New York City (all 5 NYC boroughs)
- Your family's income should be at or below the following percentage of the federal poverty level
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Brief Advice
- Self-Help Materials