Fearless! Hudson Valley, Inc. (formerly Safe Homes of Orange County)
Who We Are
We were founded in 1986 over a kitchen table by people who wanted to make a difference. We now are the only private, not-for-profit agency in Orange and Sullivan Counties in NY dedicated to assisting survivors of domestic violence, teen dating violence, and human trafficking by providing free and confidential services.
The mission of Fearless! Hudson Valley, Inc. (formerly known as Safe Homes of Orange County) is to build an informed, just, and accountable society so all people can experience supportive and safe relationships free from abuse, exploitation, and oppression. We do this by education, prevention, advocacy, and providing comprehensive services, including shelter, to victims and survivors of interpersonal violence, human trafficking and sexual violence, and other types of crime victimization.
Our comprehensive and confidential services include:
• The operation of a 24-hr Hotline providing crisis intervention
• Resource & referral information and individual support
• Emergency Shelter for adults and children in imminent danger at a confidential location in a home-like setting
• Residential & Non-Residential Advocates providing assistance, resource information, individual support and accompaniment
• Advocate Liaisons with the Department of Social Services, Child Protective Services, and Police Departments; Court Advocates with the District Attorney’s Office, Family, Criminal and Integrated Domestic Violence Courts
• Weekly Support Groups offered at multiple locations in the community
• Regional Trafficking program provides support to adult and youth survivors and those who at risk of trafficking or exploitation.
• Orange County Family Justice Center providing centralized, wrap-around services and case-management, including legal assistance
• Therapeutic Counseling
• Community Education training and technical assistance to all types of audiences, including service providers, government agencies, community groups, educational settings, faith-based organizations, and more
• Teen Dating Violence Prevention Program offering interactive, age-appropriate workshops to educate youth on dating-violence and promote healthy relationships
How to Get Help
Please call our hotline via (845) 562-5340 to make an appointment. Have all documents relating to the case ready.
Who We Serve
- Orange County
- Sullivan County
- Language(s) Spoken
- Spanish / Español
- Circumstances and languages in which interpreters are provided
We have a language line that provides interpretations in all languages.
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
- Eligibility Restrictions
For help, you must be: experiencing domestic violence.
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Full Legal Representation
- Brief Advice