Veteran Advocacy Project
Who We Are
The Veteran Advocacy Project provides free legal services to low-income veterans, with a focus on those living with Post Traumatic Stress, Traumatic Brain Injury, substance use disorders, and mental illness. Most of our nation's veterans make a successful transition back to civilian life, but it is not always easy.
Our goal is to assist veterans before they reach a breaking point by ensuring their access to housing, health care, and income. We are partnered with VA hospitals, mental health clinics, and local veterans' groups to reach servicemembers where they are.
While our attorneys tackle the legal challenges, our peer advocates ensure that our clients are connected to appropriate social services. With a dedicated team, the project allows veterans to achieve the stability needed to regain their health and rebuild their lives.
How to Get Help
At this time we are offering remote services for veterans law (for example, VA claims & Department of Defense discharge upgrades).
Please call our intake line and leave a message at (646) 602-5620 between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. or email email@example.com.
Who We Serve
- Bronx County
- Kings (Brooklyn) County
- New York (Manhattan) County
- New York City (all 5 NYC boroughs)
- Queens County
- Richmond (Staten Island) County
- Additional Service Area Info
- We work with veterans in other counties on federal matters (VA Claims, Discharge Upgrades), on a limited basis.
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
- Eligibility Restrictions
Must have served in the military or have a family member who has.
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Full Legal Representation
- Brief Advice
- Self-Help Materials
- Description of Services
Other: Peer Advocacy