Nassau Suffolk Law Services - The ReEntry Project
Who We Are
Nassau Suffolk Law Services is a nonprofit, public interest law firm that provides free legal assistance in civil matters to low income and disabled Long Islanders. The Reentry Unit helps people to reintegrate into the community after facing criminal charges by helping them to address criminal history-related civil legal issues.
Examples of cases the Reentry Unit will consider include:
- Employment discrimination;
- Section 8 Problems;
- Certificates of relief from civil disability/certificates of good conduct;
- Denial of professional license; and
- Denial of employment due to prior neglect/abuse findings (at the ALJ level).
1 Helen Keller Way – 5th Floor
Hempstead, NY 11550
1757 Veterans Highway – Suite 50
Islandia, NY 11749
How to Get Help
Please call during our regular business hours, Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Suffolk residents please call (631) 232-2400. Nassau residents please call (516) 292-8100.
Who We Serve
- Nassau County
- Suffolk County
- Language(s) Spoken
- Spanish / Español
- Circumstances and languages in which interpreters are provided
Interpreters will be provided upon prior request.
- Your family's income should be at or below the following percentage of the federal poverty level
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Full Legal Representation
- Brief Advice