As a veteran, the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) provides you with legal protections for housing and eviction. If you are facing eviction, the interactive form below can help you draft a letter to your landlord, explaining the SCRA protections and ensuring they follow the proper legal process.

Attach your military orders and the SCRA section provided, make copies for your records, and send the original letter to your landlord to assert your rights and alleviate potential financial and legal difficulties.

Was this information helpful?

Last Reviewed: June 1, 2023