LawHelpNY.orgNew York

I want to know about my rights (1)+

  • Know the Law: Paid Sick Leave

    Under New York City’s Earned Sick Time Act (Paid Sick Leave Law), certain employers must give their employees sick leave, which they can use for the care and treatment of themselves or a family member. Employers with five or more employees who are hired to work more than 80 hours a calendar year in New York City must provide paid sick leave. Employers with less than five employees must provide unpaid sick leave. Workers protected by this law include undocumented workers (workers without legal immigration status) and domestic workers (nannies and housekeepers). Content Detail

    New York City Department of Consumer Affairs

Documents you need to work in the U.S. (5)+

Workers' rights and discrimination (7)+

Rights of day laborers, migrant and farm workers (3)+

Rules for employment agencies in New York City (1)+

What should I know about completing a tax return? (1)+

I need an interpreter (1)+

  • Obtaining unemployment benefits in New York State if you do not speak English

    If you do not speak English, the New York State Department of Labor (NYSDOL) must provide assistance to help you access their programs and services. While the NYSDOL does provide some language assistance, there are still challenges. This resource provides a checklist of the free language assistance currently available when obtaining your unemployment benefits and problems you should be aware of. Content Detail


LiveHelp is trying to contact an operator...