When you apply for public benefits the caseworker should ask if you are a victim of domestic violence. If you say "yes" the caseworker should immediately refer you to a Domestic Violence Liaison (DVL). If you already get public benefits, you can tell your Department of Social Services (DSS) worker at any time and they can put you in touch with a DVL.

Was this information helpful?

Last Reviewed: May 17, 2017