If I think that the other parent may kidnap my child, is there anything I can do?

  • Get legal help 
  • Get help from a court:
    • ask the judge for an order to prevent travel
    • ask the judge to set a bond in case of travel
    • ask the judge to hold the child's passport
  • Register for the Children’s Passport Issuance Alert Program from the U.S. State Department



Was this information helpful?

Last Reviewed: May 2, 2023