New YorkNew York

Filter By:


Learn the basics (3)+

Forms and tools (5)+

Getting a green card through a spouse or relative (3)+

  • Same-sex marriages

    U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services allows a same-sex spouse to file a visa petition the same way an opposite-sex spouse does. This resource goes over the most commonly asked questions about this topic. Content Detail

    Read this in:
    Spanish / Español
  • Couples and families

    The lives of many LGBTQ-immigrant couples changed forever on June 26, 2013, when the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that same-sex couples can file marriage-based green card petitions. Some restrictions still remain, however. Follow this link to learn more. Content Detail

    Immigration Equality
  • A quick guide to public charges

    This guide provides a summary of how receiving public benefits in the U.S. may affect the "public charge" provisions of the immigration laws. Content Detail

    Read this in:
    Spanish / Español

Green cards and visas for victims of domestic violence (1)+

  • VAWA laws for abuse victims

    If you are married to an abusive U.S.-citizen or legal permanent resident, you may be able to file a Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Self-petition to obtain legal status. This also explains how to file for cancellation of removal if deportation or removal proceedings have already begun. Content Detail

    Read this in:
    Spanish / Español

Other ways to get a green card (5)+

Help for people with green cards (5)+


LiveHelp is trying to contact an operator...