NYC law provides pay and workplace protections for delivery workers. If you do restaurant deliveries for an app, you have rights regardless of your immigration status.
Your rights are:
- Apps must give you a free insulated food delivery bag after 6 deliveries.
- You can limit how far you will go from restaurants and pick which bridges or tunnels you will use.
- Apps cannot offer you trips outside the limits you set. You have the right to change your limits.
- Better access to restaurant bathrooms when you pick up orders.
- More information about your pay
- Payment at least once a week
- Minimum pay rate. This minimum will increase on April 1 each year.
- Apps must tell you route details before you accept a delivery.
Last Reviewed: September 12, 2023