LawHelpNY.orgNew York

Filter By:


Learn the basics (5)+

I need emergency assistance (1)+

  • A guide to emergency assistance, special grants and ongoing financial help

    This guide provides information on emergency assistance for utility bills, rent, shelter, security agreements, furniture, and pregnancy. It also has info on visitor allowances, housing for people with AIDS or HIV, restaurant allowances, help with camp fees, furniture and clothing replacement, home repairs, temporary assistance, food stamps, Medicaid, and more. Content Detail

    Neighborhood Legal Services, Inc.

I am a victim of domestic violence and I am concerned about housing (1)+

I am a homeowner (4)+

Issues for renters (1)+

  • Senior Citizens Rent Increase Exemption (SCRIE) Program

    Senior citizen tenants under rent control or rent stabilization may be entitled to an exemption from future rent increases under the Senior Citizens Rent Increase Exemption (SCRIE) Program. (Tenants apply for SCRIE to the NYC Department for the Aging.) This resource provides information on where to apply and how to do it. Read More

    New York City Department of Finance

Nursing homes and assisted care (4)+

I am considering a reverse mortgage (1)+

More information (1)+


LiveHelp is trying to contact an operator...