New YorkNew York

Settlement and Stipulation Checklists for Tenants in NYC Housing Court


Below are checklists of things litigants should keep in mind when entering negotiations with their landlord about settling their cases for non-payment of rent (“Settlement Checklist”) and a checklist of things to consider including in “stipulations” (“Stipulation Checklist”). A stipulation is a written agreement that sets out how the landlord and tenant resolve their dispute, and usually follows the negotiations.

Settlement Checklist

  • Request to Speak to a Court Attorney

Stipulation Checklist

  • Allow Enough Time to Move, if Needed

  • When making the stipulation, here are some things to avoid, if possible

  • Here are some items to include in the stipulation, if possible:


LiveHelp is trying to contact an operator...