Are you a victim of trafficking? You may qualify for a T visa.

En espanol:

Labor laws protect all workers against unsafe working conditions, not enough pay, and more. The T visa is a special protection for workers who are undocumented, so they can report problems safely. A trafficking victim is someone who was tricked or forced to work as a slave or as a sex worker. It is against the law to use force or threats to make someone work. If you qualify for a T visa, you can get a work permit and stay in the U.S. for 4 years. After 3 years, you can apply for a green card (permanent residency). Click on "Learn more" to read about the T visa.

To ask questions or get help, you can call, text or email the New York State labor office or the National trafficking hotline:

State:  If you believe that you or someone you know may be a victim of labor trafficking: E-mail Or call 877-466-9757 Monday through Friday 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. Eastern time.

National:  Call the National Human Trafficking Hot-line 1-888-373-7888 24 hours a day. Text "BeFree" (233733). Live Chat:

Aprende mas


Learn more

Was this information helpful?

Last Reviewed: September 25, 2023