If you are in New York State DOCCS custody and you are not a U.S. citizen, ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) may try to deport you. State prison systems help ICE. But you can try to fight your deportation. Read this guide to learn more about how to file an appeal on your criminal case, how to get a lawyer for your immigration case, and more.
The guide is 64 pages long BUT you don't have to read or use all of it. Click on the questions in the index (page 7 in the guide) to learn more.
The questions and answers include:
- What Will Happen After I Am Sentenced?
- What Is the Best Way to Stop My Deportation?
- Talking to ICE: Things to Consider Can the Government Start Trying to Deport Me During My Sentence?
- How Can I Fight My Deportation Case?
- What Happens If I’m in Removal Proceedings?
- What Happens If I’m NOT in Removal Proceedings?
- I Don’t Want to Fight My Deportation and Just Want to Be Deported
- How I Fought My Deportation and Won
Last Reviewed: January 30, 2024