LawHelpNY.orgNew York

VAWA laws for abuse victims

Authored By:
Read this in:
Spanish / Español

If you are married to an abusive U.S.-citizen or legal permanent resident, you may be able to file a Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Self-petition to obtain legal status. This also explains how to file for cancellation of removal if deportation or removal proceedings have already begun.

Last Review and Update: Nov 21, 2016

LiveHelp is trying to contact an operator...