Go to the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) to find out if a business is licensed. You can make a complaint from the same page. DCA advises you to contact the business directly in an initial attempt to resolve your complaint. When contacting the business, please keep a log of all telephone calls and copies of letters that you send. If your attempts to resolve the issue yourself are unsuccessful, then we advise you to file your complaint with DCA.

Was this information helpful?

Last Reviewed: February 12, 2017