What is an emergency DSS can help with?
- You have little or no food.
- You have no place to stay.
- You are facing eviction.
- You are facing foreclosure.
- You have no fuel for heating during the cold weather period.
- You have a notice of utility shut off within 72 hours.
- Your utilities have been shut off.
- You lack items necessary to meet your household’s health and safety needs, and there are no resources available to meet the emergency.
What emergency assistance is available?
- Expedited food stamps and/or food vouchers.
- Payment of rent, mortgage or property tax arrears.
- Payment of storage, moving expenses, security deposits to prevent homelessness.
- Temporary housing assistance.
- Payment to utility or to a fuel company to get or keep utilities on.
- Repairs to property you own that are important to health or safety.
- Replacement of clothing or furnishings lost in a fire, flood or other catastrophe
- Emergency child care.
- Help with transportation.
- Referral to community agencies who can help.
Last Reviewed: March 28, 2023